SCHOOL OF ART VISUAL ARTS CORE STUDIO 1 – DIGITAL LITERACY DIGITAL LITERACY WORKBOOK
SOFTWARE List 10 Software programmes that are available on the school computers and a short description of what they do:
1. Microsoft Office Exel is for making spreadsheets
2. Microsoft Office Powerpoint is for slideshows
3. Microsoft Office Publisher is for desktop publishing applications based on page layout and design
4. Microsoft Office Frontpage For building websites
5. Adobe Premiere Pro For editing videos
6. Adobe InDesign page layout application in which graphics and text are combined to create layouts and prepare them for printing
7. Adobe Photoshop Creating and Editing images
8. Adobe Dreamweaver Design, develop, and maintain websites and applications
9. Adobe Flash used to create animation, advertisement, web page components, video into web pages, to develop Internet applications
10. Adobe Acrobat is used to create and edit PDF files.
HEALTH & SAFETY
List two websites that have good information about using computers safely:
Name two things you will always do when working at a computer:
Write the Path Name to your Digital Literacy Folder here:
What number do you call to get help with most computer problems?
Where is the IT Open Access Suite? located in S Block, on the corner of Harbour Terrace and Union Street (opposite G block).
What is the room number of the SCHOOL OF ART Open Access Suite? (note that this is NOT in the Electronic Arts Department, which should only be used for Digital Literacy coursework, Electronic Arts students and Video Editing)